Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mistakes {Personal}



I saw this on a blog the other day and I giggled to myself. Maybe it's a photographer thing, but sometimes we totally luck out on an awesome shot that happened completely by accident.

Like I've said before, after all the technical stuff and preparation photography requires a bit of luck. Sometimes luck is on my side.

Here's one of my favortire shots that happened purely by accident.


This one was from Tricia and Ronnie's wedding last year. We had just finished taking the formal pictures on a cruise ship's stairwell. They were called to the top by the boat's captain and I forgot to turn my camera off. I accidently hit the shutter button on my way up and captured this picture. I love the way movement in the picture, as well as their reflection on the glass.

I know it may not be the best photo technically speaking, but I love the movement in the picture, as well as their reflection on the glass.

I'm also sure there's a rule out there somewhere that artistic mistakes just HAVE to be in black and white :)

Do you sometimes get lucky in photography or in your particular field?

1 comment:

  1. You're right, this is a fantastic photo! Love it.

    ReplyDelete