Saturday, June 13, 2009

Good Things.

Here's some stuff that's going on.

1. This upcoming week will be the last of my baccalaureate career. Two finals and I'm done! Oh joy!

2. I was just laid off at work. They felt bad I would have a bachelor's degree and they could not provide me with a raise, so they let me go instead. That logic is just outstanding.

I'll admit that at first I was quite upset about the job loss but I've reached the conclusion that in actuality it is a blessing in disguise. I did not enjoy working there but I was comfortable (is comfortable such a good thing anyway?). With no school and work obligations I can put all my focus pursuing activities I actually enjoy such as my photography, art, music, reading and community service. I will also be spending more time developing relationships, with family, friends and God. (thank God for living with the parents and having savings in the bank).

3. A friend offered me an internship position with his awesome church working in the creative arts ministry. It's something that greatly interests me so I'm praying about it (but I'm leaning towards "yes!"). It would definitely be a great learning opportunity.

4.I had been in the process of applying for the Journeyman program with the IMB. I was ecstatic about it but for various reasons it was put in the back burner. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and some friends have brought it up again for consideration.

I have this gut feeling that pieces have been falling in the right places, leading to the somewhere I need to be. I have to take some leaps, but I've never been good at jumping.

Its an exciting, scary time. Pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. Rey and I will be praying for you. Love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...that internship sounds fun. It would be great ministry experience.
    I'm praying for you, friend....that you will make good decisions in line with God's will for your life.
    Holler at me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete