Monday, February 9, 2009

Zeal

I love Zeal. It's an amazing blessing to be a part of a group of people that love God. A group that can fellowship and worship together. Sometimes I get frustrated, angry, annoyed and feel like giving up and moving on. Then I remember that despite my frustration, anger, annoyance and quitting attitude there is one thing that matters, that solely matters. 

It's not about me. It's not about my shallow, fickle feelings. It's not about how the stage looks or if we have an activity for people to do. It's not about if 20 or 60 people come. Yes, it is wonderful to be able to decorate and create things. It is a blessing to serve big crowds of people. That is not what matters. 

God matters. 

Whether He's worshiped in a fancy church with big screens, loud contemporary music and cool lighting effects or where a couple of people sit together and talk about Him, what matters is that He matters. 

I get lost in the chaos of the details and lose focus on the main goal. Thankfully God's kind enough to point me in the right direction over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment