Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rockin' out to hip hop

I'm sure this will come as a surprise, but i'm pretty gansta'.

Pictures don't lie.

I know. Shocking. With my love for and vast itunes collection of all things rock, I can still dig some good ol' hip hop and rap once in a while. I enjoy some old school stuff like Biggie, Tupac, Jay-Z, and Ludacris, dirty south stuff like Lil' Jon and Trick Daddy and even just plain dirty stuff AKA R. Kelly (the "Ignition remix" makes my day. I'm not even being sarcastic here.)

So it was to my great amusement and joy to read someone's Christian remix of Biggie's "Big Poppa" song. I love it when people turn worldly things and make it clean or put a godly spin on it. I can appreciate the effort but no matter how cool and hot they think it is, its always wack and cheesy.

Anyway, Enjoy.

To all the people in this space
who've been touched by grace
allow me to place
these Biblical touches
in your clutches.

Whose only Son moved in the lives of everybody?
From the back of the club
to the courts of Pontius Pilate?
He's in the back of the club with all his dudes behind him,
Mad question askin'
Bread passin'
Love blastin'
and He just can't quit
But wait! One of these dudes is about to betray him
And Rome'll flay Him
Keep his rez' a secret, why not?
They don't know what they ought,
'bout what God had wrought.

Now check it, they thought the Son was gone, that he was dead.
But believe me sweetie, He's still enough to feed the needy.
Now there's no need to be greedy
He's got mad friends with Bendzes,
crazy truth-sayers,
intercessory pray-ers!

Hop in the Rover and come over,
Get to the church of Elohim,
We breakin' bread at 9:15.

Because He loves it when you call his God "Papa".
Throw your hands in the ayuh,
if you's a true praya.
He loves it when you call his God "Papa"
...
'cuz I see some people tonight who should be rollin' with J.C. J.C."

1 comment: