Monday, June 16, 2008

I may be short, but i'm not little!

I went to Target with my friend Tatiana the other day. I was standing next to her while she was paying and I spaced out, like usual. "do you wanna help your mami with the bag?" said the cashier. I snapped out of my daydream and I look over at Tati, confused. Quickly, the cashier, in embarrassment, apologized for the faux pas blushed and said "I saw you and you're so little, and you're wearing a hat..."

I don't know what was worse. Tati, only two years older than me, being confused for my mother, or me, a 21 year-old being mistaken for a child. Even though we could have taken it as an insult, we both laughed hysterically at the poor cashier's mistake.

Speaking of mistakes, I found this interesting article about commonly misused words. Bad grammar is one of my pet peeves. Make sure if you're ever writing to me that you know the difference between their, there and they're. I'm just saying... I will correct you. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. That was too funny. It made me LOL here at the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, your little. hate to brake it to you. eye loved the list. especially they're line about moot vs. mute.
    don't you love me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just literally "Laughed Out Loud" thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had to see the cashier's face. It was so funny. :) Great moment, Merari( I mean daughter). Tati~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, that's hilarious!
    Pfft.
    I have many stories like that... we should talk. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was hilarious.. and so, you're like Glennis, huh? she also likes to correct me (since I'm from the Philippines, i mispronounce some words..) :o)

    ReplyDelete