Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mayra...

... is my mami's name. She is quite spectacular. I may be a bit biased, but I'm pretty sure she's one of the top three mothers of all time, right behind Mary, mother of Jesus and Carol Brady. In case you're saying "hey! there is no way your mom is in the top three of ALL TIME, stop trippin' " I made a list of reasons why she's in the top three.

1. She wakes me up in the morning by singing a song. (it was cute the first hundred times....)
2. When I would come home late from work she would leave a note on my pillow with "good night, Mera! I love you."
3. She is one of the hardest working women I've ever met. About two years ago she was working a full time job, taking 12 credits at school and dealing with her spoiled spouse and children.
4. She has supported me through my piano, violin, flute, ballet and piano dreams as well as my "out-there" life plans of today.
5. She doesn't judge my mistakes, but reassures me that despite them, she and God will always love me.
6. She has "the look" that will make me quiver in fear.
7. She pushes me to follow my dreams when i feel like giving up (which happens quite often).
8. She believes my dad and her moving in with me when they're old (that silly woman. She's hilarious).
9. She gave me the greatest gift: sense of humor.
10. What can I say? she's put up with me for 21 years. Gotta give her credit for that!

She hates the fact that I mention her on the internet, because people will stalk her and kill her (damn those lifetime movies) so I'm not gonna write about her anymore. Mami, if you're reading this... I love you! and please stop watching lifetime.

(My bro, sis, mom and I about 15 years ago. )


yes, I did rock a 'fro. Don't judge me.

2 comments:

  1. I thank your mami too for passing down the sense of humor, or else who would I hate with.

    Love the the hair....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray for your mommy! =) lol... she sounds funny... p.s. gotta love Lifetime.

    ReplyDelete